top of page

Emergency Treatment

What should I do in an event of a dental emergency?


I had an accident. What do I do?


If you are suffering from a toothache or something that requires attention, call us on 034488899 immediately to organize an appointment as quickly and conveniently as possible.

After Hours (ONLY for WEEKEND)

We have a weekend after-hours emergency number for Central Otago, 

This is for people with facial swellings, bleeding or trauma,

Phone 03 746 6157

Additional fees apply to after-hours call-outs.

What should I do for a facial swelling?
Facial swelling is a dental emergency. Contact us immediately to receive treatment or advice.  

What should I do for a fractured tooth?
Contact us to organise an appointment. If the tooth is painful, avoid hot or cold and avoid eating or biting on that side i.e. relieve the tooth from extremes of temperature and pressure. 

What if my crown comes out?
Keep your crown safe as we may be able to re-cement it. Contact us.

What if I have knocked a tooth out?

  • The tooth needs to be re-implanted into its socket immediately. 

  • Avoid handling the tooth root to protect the fibres around the root surface. 

  • Place the tooth back into the socket the RIGHT WAY around if possible.

  • If this is not possible, place the tooth in cold milk or on one side of your mouth between your teeth and cheeks 

  • DO NOT place the tooth in water

  • Contact us immediately

What if I have broken my denture?
Broken dentures can often be repaired. Please resist the temptation to glue them together yourself as this often makes a repair very difficult.

Contact us to organise the repair.

We are a registered ACC provider,


ACC will cover anyone and everyone in New Zealand who is injured or involved in an accident and in need of dental work. ACC may cover some or all costs depending on the treatment required.


Please make an appointment as soon as possible after your injury so our dentist can help you swiftly.

bottom of page